Assisting With Sewer Backups in Calgary Since 1992
Are you noticing that there’s a smell coming from your drains? Is the water bubbling at the surface or struggling to get down? Chances are that you might be experiencing a sewer backup - and that means you need SOS Drain Cleaning.
Sewer backups can be a nightmarish scenario for many people. The buildup of waste can make your home or business unsafe and unhealthy, as harmful bacteria can spread. So it’s important that if you suspect a sewer backup in your drains, you speak to our team today. Avoid any potential health hazards that are caused by sewer backup problems.
Our friendly and experienced technicians can quickly locate and remove the blockage from your main sewer line before it turns into an emergency.
What Causes Sewer Backups?
A sewer backup occurs when an object or a pileup of things blocks the normal flow of wastewater from your property to the sewer. The sewer pipe blockage causes the sewage to back up into your property, causing you several hazards. The most common reasons that blockages occur are because:
- Tree root intrusion or branches are stuck in the sewer system, causing a sewage backup
- Drain pipes have deteriorated due to age or wear and tear
- Blockages at the main municipal sewer lines
- Cracked, damaged, broken or collapsed sewer lines
- A buildup of debris and grim, such as hair and oils
- Flushing items such as paper towels, dental floss, wipes, cigarette butts, and food
In some cases, backups occur slowly and over time due to an accumulation. In others, it can happen overnight if the blockage is big enough.
Telltale Signs You Need Sewer Backup Cleaning
There are many common causes of sewer backups that require professional assistance. Here are some warning signs that you should call SOS Drain Cleaning:
- A foul smell coming from your drains
- A clogged drain or slow drain
- Water bubbles up at the surface of the drain
- Toilets aren’t flushing as quickly as they should be
- Sewage water and sewer gas backs up in other drains
- A gurgling sound coming from sewer pipes
How SOS Can Help With Your Sewer Backup in Calgary
The first step is determing the cause of the sewer backup, be it tree roots or damaged pipes. Older homes might be dealing with long term build up or a deteriorating plumbing system. Depending on the drain issue you are facing, we might conduct a thorough video inspection of the pipes and plumbing system.
We will push a high-resolution video camera through your drains using a long, flexible rod to see what could be causing the blockages. The video will be saved, and we will provide you with a written report on the findings.
Once we have determined the cause, we can administer the best solution to clear and clean it to make sure the job is done right:
- Using an auger, or a snake, which is a specialized tool that spins a long cable with a cutting bit at the end
- Hydro-jetting, which is pressure-washing for the insides of your pipes. It is super effective for sewer line blockages
Either of these sewer cleaning methods can be applied to both residential and commercial properties. Whatever you need, SOS Drain Cleaning has you covered.
Call SOS Drain Cleaning Immediately
Don’t let sewer water flood back into your home or business and cause a disaster! As the leading experts in drain cleaning services in Calgary, we have the tools, expertise and knowledge to act fast and help you with your clogged sewer line. Call our highly trained technicians at (403) 295-8989 or fill out our online contact form.